(last updated 2002-10-24)
- What: OryCon 24, Portland's premiere science fiction convention
- When: November 22-24, 2002 (NOT the usual Veteran's Day weekend!)
- Where: The Doubletree
Hotel Portland Columbia River in Portland, Oregon.
- OryCon 24 will be a weaponless convention. Smoking will be allowed
in designated areas only.
OryCon offers programming, workshops, small group discussions,
show, a dealers' room, filking, dances, gaming, a masked ball, the Susan Petrey Scholarship auction,
and much more!
The theme of this year's convention is "Meeting the Challenge." 30 years
ago this year, we stopped sending people to the moon. Today we lob million-dollar
slabs of metal through space to crash into Mars. Would you contact us if you
Guests of Honor
- Memberships in OryCon 24 cost $50 at the door (no mail-in or electronic registration after Oct. 31).
- Children age 6-12 are half price. Children 5 and under are free.
Children must be accompanied by an adult with a membership.
- To transfer a membership, send a signed letter to the convention
PO box (below) with the new member's name and address.
- A $5 handling fee will be charged for membership refunds.
- Because of space limitations at the hotel, memberships will be limited
to a total of 1600. Once we've sold that many, we'll start turning people
away at the door. So get your memberships early!
Programming and Events (some items desktop-only)
- Click here
for a list of our confirmed programming participants.
- The Program Schedule
is available in HTML.
- An Index to Program
Participants is also available.
- You can also download a PDB, MPA, or CSV file of the program
for your handheld device or other computer.
- Read our Director of Programming's rant about this year's
- The Gaming Schedule Grid, Game Descriptions,
and Gaming Table Layout are now available.
- The Endeavour Award
will be presented at OryCon once again this year, and there will be a "meet
the pros banquet" after the awards ceremony.
- The Susan Petrey Scholarship
Fundwill be having its usual fund-raising auction. If you have any
items to donate, please contact Paul Wrigley and Debbie Cross at email@example.com.
- We will be having a Masked Ballrather than a masquerade this
year. For information, please contact Karyn Hoffert at firstname.lastname@example.org
Melissa Householder at email@example.com.
- If you have any other Programming questions or comments, please contact
Helen Umberger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electronic Communication access links via your desktop computer
- Our Publicity Flyer is available in low-res JPG format (134kb)
andhigh-res TIFF format (4.4MB). Print out copies and distribute them
to help publicize the convention!
- Progress Report #1 and Progress Report #2 are available
in Acrobat (PDF) format.
- You can join the [ORYCON] mailing list for discussions about
OryCon and conventions in general.
- The information flyer and sign-up form for dealers is available
in PDF format (requiresAdobe Acrobat Reader).
- The request form for Fan Tables is available in HTML format.
For More Information
- Email: email@example.com
- Postal: OryCon 24, PO Box 5703, Portland, Oregon 97228-5703
- Telephone: 503-422-6574
- Individual committee members can be contacted through the Committee List.
- You can also join the [ORYCON] mailing list for
discussions about OryCon and conventions in general.
- Information on upcoming committee meetings and other important dates
can be found on the Convention Timeline.
OryCon 24 is a production of Oregon Science
Fiction Conventions, Inc. (OSFCI), a non-profit, tax-exempt corporation.
This page created and maintained by John E. Bartley, III firstname.lastname@example.org, based on content
created by David D. Levine, email@example.com
Return to the OryCon Home Page.