DEALER’S ROOM POLICIES / REGISTRATION
CLICK HERE FOR DEALER APPLICATION – Please fill this out first, once you are finished, please CLICK HERE to complete your registration and payment.
If you prefer to mail in your application, please click here for the downloadable PDF. The address to mail the PDF to is on the first page.
Dealer Staff Policies
Before the convention:
- Space in the Dealers Room or on the waiting list will only be assigned on receipt of full payment, completed registration and the waiver form. Deposits will not be accepted. Checks will be deposited, whether you are on the waiting list or not. Refunds will be processed for wait-listed dealers after the convention, in the case you were not contacted to fill a vacancy.
- The Dealers Room may sell out early. If your registration is received after all space has been sold, you will be given the option of being placed on the waiting list or withdrawing your application and receiving a refund.
- Please notify the Dealers Liaison if you need to cancel your attendance. Refunds, when appropriate, will be paid as soon as possible. Cancellations made close to the convention may be refunded after the convention, if the space can be re-sold.
- Every dealer staff person in the Dealers Room during the convention is required to have a membership. Each worker in your space must have their own membership. Note: “ Minion” and similar names are not acceptable legal names unless you can produce government-issued ID with that name on it. Badges may not be swapped.
- Any space that is not claimed by its occupant by noon on the first day of the event will be subject to reassignment to someone on the waiting list, or resold. No refunds will be issued for a “No-Notice, NoShow”. The only exceptions made will be in cases of actual emergencies. Please notify the Dealers Liaison at dealers[at]orycon.org as soon as you possibly can in such situations. If you are running late, you can prevent reassignment of your space by giving notice in advance of the delay. All dealers with confirmed space will be given a number to contact in case of such an event. It can also be used to notify the liaison if you need to cancel your participation in OryCon.
- We must comply with the rules of the Portland Fire Marshal, and we could be inspected during OryCon.
The aisles must be 8’ wide and unblocked. Each extension cord (from the wall) can have only one power
strip plugged into it.
- Please don’t rearrange your space or exchange spaces with other dealers without getting prior permission
from the Dealers Liaison.
- Those of you requesting access to electrical outlets need to know that OryCon’s supply of power strips and
extension cords is limited and in high demand convention-wide. If you have such equipment of your own,
please bring it. Label your equipment! Don’t forget to check that it is all with you when you leave.
- Please choose the display methods for your merchandise responsibly. Please utilize screens or containers
to block view of and easy access to materials of an adult nature from the aisle. Courtesy and discretion will
During the convention:
- Only members and guests of the convention are allowed into the Dealers Room. If someone who is neither a member nor a convention guest is bringing you something, ask them to pick up a delivery pass at Registration. If you think you’ll need one, you can get one beforehand as well.
- Please keep your displays and merchandise inside your space. This rule applies to booths and tables. Do not burn incense or display open perfume containers. Keep music and video reasonably discrete. If someone wants to hear a sample more loudly, please provide earphones.
- OryCon is a weaponless convention. If you are selling weapons (swords, knives, daggers, blasters, pea-shooters or whatever), bring the usual means of wrapping them securely for transport out of the Dealers Room.
- Buyers of bladed weapons or products MUST be over the age of 18 or accompanied by a custodial guardian who MUST conduct the transaction. You must check ID on sales. Violating this provision will result in expulsion from the Dealers Room without refund.
- If you want something from Hospitality, please ask for a “to go” container. They’ll be happy to provide you with one. Do not carry open plates from Hospitality to the Dealers Room.
- When the room closes for the evening – you close, too. Deal with any remaining customers politely and quickly. Please, shut down your spaces quickly so those of us without assistants can have our dinners, too.
- Once the Dealers Room is closed, no one will be allowed inside.
- OryCon will provide private paid security in the Dealers Room when it is closed.
List of Dealers for OryCon 41